Yarn Shop Day is a celebration of local yarn shops, taking place on 3 May 2014. But is your store joining in?
We’re just over a week into the Love Your Yarn Shop campaign, and we’re delighted to have so many stores and companies already on board! Here’s a round-up of everyone who is involved so far:
We’re so excited to have some incredible ambassadors for Yarn Shop Day, who will be getting involved with their local shops on 3 May. Look out for more from designers Erika Knight (above), Jenny Watson and Louisa Harding.
Erika said: “I am delighted to be an ambassador for the Let’s Knit Love Your Yarn Shop campaign - it is inherent to my ethos to support our bricks and mortar stores - where the expertise, passion, hands on experience, sharing of ideas, advice and the odd cup of tea is vital to sustaining a thriving crafting community.”
We’ve had a huge wave of interest in Yarn Shop Day – here’s a list of everyone involved so far. Does it include your favourite? If not, tell them to get in touch with our Advertising Manager Julie by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramshambles, Shambles, York. www.ramshambles.co.uk
- The Jolly Stitcher, Hackett Way, Fareham. www.jolly-stitcher.co.uk
- Sitting Knitting, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield. www.sittingknitting.com
- The Wool Loft, Farm Home Close, Lincoln. www.thewoolloft.co.uk
Rachel from Sitting Knitting said: “Opening Sitting Knitting has been such a wonderful experience. In a few short months I already have so many creative customers.”
- The Knitting Well, Bell Street, Shaftesbury. 01747 854178
- Beckside Yarns, Church Avenue, Clapham, North Yorkshire. www.becksideyarns.co.uk
- Rosemary’s Wool Shop, Alban Square, Aberaeron. www.rosemaryswoolshop.co.uk
- City Knits, Sycamore Road, Bourneville, www.cityknits.co.uk
A representative from City Knits said: “We are really excited to be taking part in the Love Your Yarn Shop campaign. We are a traditional yarn shop with a modern twist and cater for all crafty types in our shop. We are busy working on ideas for 3 May and will announce them on our website and social media. Pop over to our Twitter and Facebook pages to keep up to date with our plans.”
- Grandmas Patch, High Street, Watton. www.grandmaspatchwatton.vpweb.co.uk
- Threads, Glasgow Road, Dumbarton, Scotland. 01389 761385
- Wool-n-Things, Hitchin Street, Baldock. www.wool-n-things.co.uk
- Kathy’s Knits, Broughton Street, Edinburgh. www.kathysknits.co.uk
Kathy’s Knits said: “Yarn Shop Day is a great idea and Kathy’s Knits is delighted to participate. Follow us on twitter @KathysKnits or on www.kathysknits.co.uk or drop into the shop nearer the time to find out what is going on.”
Stylecraft Yarns, Cygnet and West Yorkshire Spinners are all working in association with the Love Your Yarn Shop campaign.
Find out more at:
How do I get involved?
We will be officially launching the Love Your Yarn Shop campaign in the March issue of Let’s Knit, on sale 14th February, with rolling coverage in the three magazines before the big day.
We’d love you to get involved! Email Julie.email@example.com before the end of January in order to get the most out of Yarn Shop Day.